Well as I mentioned in my last post, I have been wondering if I have overcommitted in my enthusiasm to get my Internet career off to a flying start, after doing "distance learning" for a long time. I 've taken on two programs, and my concern is that I'll be so involved in one, which is really a bit of fun (lucrative fun I hope!) that it will be at the expense of the other, which is more aligned with my life purpose so to speak, and involves the challenge of creating my own product in time.
So am I just distracting myself with program no. 1 to avoid the terror of creating my own product?
Today I decided to write to create clarity about that.
well that was the plan: as we know, life sometimes doesn't go according to the plan!
I wrote and wrote and wrote, haven't written for a while but still, I was amazed at how much wanted to be said.
In the end (nearly 4 hours later, in several stints, and 20 close written pages later), I noted 3 things:
1. I had not yet resolved the question about the programs.
2. I had written an in depth review of the last nine years of my life
3. I had remembered a formula that a very powerful friend of mine told me once, she learned it in a creativity or self-development program, and found it true:
60% of Accomplishment is getting what's so, ie. seeing what's in front of you
30% of Accomplishment is the Plan
10% of Accomplishment is the Action.
I have been very action oriented of late, so I can see some of Getting what's so and planning may have been required: then I saw
that in all that writing, I had written the skeleton of my wealth plan: not all the goals and details, but the definite skeleton.
And it does look like there is room for this program.
Not yet fully convinced, a bit more to do.
In all that writing, I acknowledged everything I've learned in the last 9 years; being in a 9 year now, this new career that is the subject of this blog is clearly a new piece, part of the next 9 years; but to have a clear slate to ask a question about the next 9 years, I needed to get present to the (not inconsiderable!!) accomplishments of the 9 year period drawing to a close this year.
So a most instructive exercise, showing once again how surprising life can be, though at the same time, how totally trustworthy it is when we do the work of becoming conscious.
All comments welcome!!
I'll write on the final outcome re choice on my programs when it's made.
That's it for tonight,
cheers,
Rosie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment